Rebra's page

This is just my little take on the world, it just feels so good to let loose with my ideas, thoughts and well-whatever! i appologise for poor spelling, still figuring out the spell check on this thing - all the views expressed below are my own!

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Feedback from my jummah piece

Peace be upon you

after writing the little bit I wrote about the Jummah Khutbah in South Africa (see below) I got a lot of feedback I must say. Many people loved it, not for its nutritional value as much as for its humor, there were those that thought it was a bit pushing it slightly but were overall quite alright with it, then, of-course there were the fanatics who failed to see any humor at all in it and resorted to bashing me in many not-so-articulate ways. But i love it all the same, and would like to thank everyone for all the input they have given and continue to give, it means that at least many people are reading it - any publicity is good publicity.

i would just like to make a request though when people decide to bash my work - and there will be alot of that when i publish some of the other work im busy with - hehe -
Please do not out of desperation attack my spelling and grammer - politely correct me, i know its pathetic, but attacking me using spelling as an excuse is even more pathetic - you try figur out the spell check on this thing! (im from a genetation where we aren't taught how to spell-we only know how to click on the spell-check icon, and my pop-up blocker not making this too possible at moment)

keep the feedback coming, esp all you people that are calling me shia and liberalist and modernist and feminist and whatever else. (believe it or not) there was a person who emailed me and said i was out of the fold of islam-rock on!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:15 AM, Blogger Squashed Rolo said…

    All I have to say is mentioned under your Jumuah piece. I just regret not waiting a bit before writing my blog post (you know which one) as this new development gives more weight to my argument. You know I loved the piece, and you know not everyone does. Lets all be good Muslims now and make peace with eachother.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Bilal said…

    Slmz. I think that Muslims need to realise that while we all will never agree on EVERYTHING, we should at least have the decency to practise proper Islamic decorum and when necessary agree to disagree! Labelling each other and not being able to properly articulate our personal views in a sensible logical way is both childish and behaviour unbecoming of a Muslim!

    Dialogue is seriously lacking in Muslim communities the world over- so while I personally do not agree with ALL your points raised and to a lesser degree your modus operandi, I still congratulate you on your excellent ability to express yourself and implore you to, where willing participants are found, engage them in a polite and respectful manner- using this sort of approach, I believe, can only be beneficial for all!

    I have lots more to say- will be back as soon as I find the time:-)

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Muhammad said…

    Riyaadh! It's MaK... Salaams Bro... I got your link off electric spaghetti... didnt know you had a blog... knew you had it in you.. I'm linking you now.

    Salaams.

    M.

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger No.47 said…

    I think this was a flaming good piece, and you could develop it further. Excellent piece of work,
    will check in more regularly now.

    No. 47

     

Post a Comment

<< Home